Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Shannon Koszyk








As many know I get easily attached to certain jewels of mine, and wear them non stop until they fall apart, or i lose them (usually losing comes first). Or in another case when your mother and friend conspire to rid you of an amazing moonstone quartz ring, in Val's words was a "jelly nasty blob on your finger"...I am still mad about it, and they still admit they had nothing to do with it.

Anyways, I do not find many pieces of jewelery I cannot live without, until now....

I had the pleasure of meeting the wonderful Shannon Koszyk and immediately started ogling over her amazing rosary beads, bracelets and chunky rings she was sporting. Needless to say I went home to see what other mind blowing pieces she had available on her website . I have never seen so much jewelry that I wanted to incorporate into my everyday wear, it was over whelming. It is all handmade, and has that old world, gaudy feel, without finding yourself thinking of a bad Ed Hardy-Affliction-skull-rose-rockneverdies-angelwing-angryman t-shirt. Above are the pieces I am saving my pennies for, except the chandelier which I would hang in my house in a heartbeat, but until i strike it rich...i just don't see that happening in my budget anytime soon. In the mean time I will just keep the picture as my background to lust over.
Shannon uses, "religious icons, vintage coins, heavy Sterling chain, fresh water pearls, semi-precious hand cut stones and handmade African beads [to create] a timeless yet contemporary explanation of where we've been, where we are and what we are trying to say..."

check out her website to appreciate the full scale shannonkoszyk.com

No comments:

Post a Comment